Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Smothered Pork Chops

I'm not a huge pork chop fan, but I get them to break up the monotony of chicken breast and ground beef. So, I'm always looking for a good way to cook pork chops. This is one of my favorites. Easy and tasty.



Ingredients:

Pork chops (your choice of cut)
Mushrooms, sliced
Butter
Mozzarella cheese
Italian herbs and spices

1. Rub your pork chops down with Italian herbs and spices on both sides. I use a grinder that I bought called Italian herbs.
2. Slice fresh mushrooms. I use about a cup for 3 pork chops.
3. Saute your mushrooms in butter. I use 2 TBS for 1 cup of mushrooms. Saute over medium heat until the mushrooms are soft.
4. Broil your pork chops on each side for anywhere from 3 to 7 minutes, depending on how thick they are. The ones I cooked this time were Iowa cut (very thick) and took a full 7 minutes on each side.
5. Once the chop are done, top them with the mushrooms and cheese. Put back in the oven on broil for 1 to 2 minutes. The cheese should be completely melted and starting to brown in places.

That's all there is to it. Fast and tasty. We had these with mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus.



No comments:

Post a Comment