Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Chocolate Quadraphonic Delight

Four, yes... four layers of yummy chocolaty goodness coming at you! My mom has been making this recipe for years with a homemade pecan sandie cookie type crust. Around here, we love chocolate so I figured why not make this with an Oreo crust. That'd be awesome!

Now I know I normally post a pic of the finished item, but this one turned out kinda ugly. I did a bad thing and didn't let my Cool Whip thaw completely and then, I stirred it. You should never, ever stir partially thawed Cool Whip. It does something bad to the Cool Whip and makes it get runny. Learn from my mistakes people and thaw your Cool Whip in the fridge ahead of time (like it says on the container).

Anyways, the dessert still tasted awesome. Just didn't look so pretty.

Ingredients:

1 package Oreos, crushed up
6 Tbs butter, melted
8 oz cream cheese, room temp
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 Tbs milk
12 oz tub of Cool Whip
2 packages chocolate pudding
3 1/4 cup milk

1. Crush your Oreos. I used the food processor, but you can put them in a Ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
2. Melt your butter. Combine the butter and crushed cookies. Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 pan.
3. Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, 2 Tbs milk, and 1/3 of the Cool Whip. Beat with a mixer until light and fluffy. Spread over the crust. Place in the fridge to chill.
4. Make the pudding using the 3 1/4 cup milk (yes, this is less than the package calls for). Let thicken for 5 minutes or so.
5. Spread the pudding over the cream cheese layer. Place dish back in the fridge for 5 to 10 minutes to let pudding set.
6. Spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top. Cover and chill.

I've found it's best to make this the day ahead of time. You can cut everything in half to make a 8x8 dish if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment