Friday, April 5, 2013

Cuban Marinated Shrimp

We love shrimp here, but don't buy it very often because of the expense. I decided to splurge and buy some raw shrimp for a tasty dish. I marinated them overnight in orange juice, lime juice, and spices. It's super easy and yummy.

This marinade is also great for pork and chicken.

Ingredients:

3 tablespoons orange juice
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon pepper


Directions:

Whisk together until well mixed. 


I take my marinade and pour it into a gallon Ziploc bag and then add the meat. Make sure the bag is sealed tightly and place it in the fridge for a minimum of 6 hours, turning the bag every 2 hours or so to make sure the marinade is evenly distributed. (It's better to let it marinate over night).


For the shrimp I made, I soaked some bamboo skewers in water. Then I added about 6 shrimp onto each skewer. 


My grill is out of commission, so I broiled these in the oven. I think the grill adds a nice smoky flavor that goes really well with this marinade. 



No comments:

Post a Comment